Blurred vision, double vision, diffuse light, careful of cataract disease.
If you are 50 years old or older and experience problems with blurred vision. Blurred, like there’s a ceiling or fog covering it. see different colors distorted from the original Need more light to see Cataracts may come and visit. It is important to check for eye abnormalities. Report from ทางเข้า ufabet https://ufabet999.com
What is cataract?
Dr. Tharinee Saengiamphonphanit An ophthalmologist who specializes in cataract, cornea and refractive surgery. Bangkok Hospital said that cataract is a condition in which the lens of the eye becomes cloudy. Resulting in less light entering the eyes. The retina cannot receive images clearly. Vision gradually decreased. gradually But if left until it becomes violent, it may eventually become invisible.
Causes of cataracts
Cataracts can occur for many reasons, such as:
- Age-related deterioration of the eye’s lenses is the most common cause. It is found from the age of 50 years and up.
- Diabetic patients with high sugar levels and poor control It stimulates the eye lens to become cloudy faster than people in the same age group who do not have diabetes.
- Use of drugs in the steroid group Can cause some types of cataracts.
- Have you ever had an accident that impacted your eye area? Have you ever had inflammation? or have had an eye infection before
- Exposure to sunlight for a long time without protection
- Have a family history of congenital cataracts or have had them since a young age
Cataract surgery begins with a diagnosis. and a thorough eye condition assessment before surgery by an ophthalmologist There are 2 methods of cataract surgery:
- Phacoemulsification with Intraocular Lens is a popular method. No need to stay in the hospital No need for anesthesia. It is done under drops or local anesthesia. The ophthalmologist will open a small window. At the dark edge of the eye approximately 2.4 -2.75 millimeters, then insert the phacoemulsification tool into the cataract. By opening the lens bag in a circle. and releases high-frequency energy equal to ultrasound to break up cataracts and bring out cloudy eye lenses. An artificial intraocular lens is then replaced so that the patient can see clearly. The selection of artificial lenses depends on the patient’s vision needs, such as single-distance clear lenses or multiple-distance clear lenses. Including the characteristics of the patient’s eyes, for example, if there is astigmatism, artificial lenses may be used to correct astigmatism, etc. This surgery only takes a short time, about 15-30 minutes. After surgery, vision improves and you can return to your normal life. quickly Reduces the chance of complications from traditional surgery.
- Cataract surgery with a wide incision (Extracapsular Cataract Extraction with Intraocular Lens) is a traditional surgical method used in cases where the cataract is mature and very hard. until it is not suitable for disintegration by machine The ophthalmologist will make an incision approximately 10 mm long in the upper half of the eye to remove the cataract-affected lens. The artificial intraocular lens is then replaced and the wound is sewn closed with sutures.
Taking care of yourself after cataract surgery
After cataract surgery, taking care of yourself is important. You must be careful not to get infected and strictly follow the ophthalmologist’s instructions. The ophthalmologist will periodically make appointments for patients to follow up on results. Patients should wear the eye protection until the doctor tells them to remove it. Use eye drops as directed by your doctor. Be careful of exposure to wind, dust and bright light. Do not expose your eyes to water. Do not rub your eyes. Avoid activities that affect the eyes as advised by your doctor. If there are abnormalities with the eyes, such as eye pain, red eyes, unusually large amounts of eye discharge, blurred vision, and inability to tolerate light, you should return to see the doctor immediately before your appointment.
Prevention of cataracts
Cataracts cannot be prevented in part because of age-related deterioration. But you can take care of your eyes to prolong their strength and delay the onset of cataracts, for example: wearing sunglasses Eat nutritious food You should not buy eye drops to use yourself. Especially those that contain steroids and should check your eye health every year. Cataracts are a disease that is common in everyone.